The Basel Committee on Banking Supervision (BCBS) has laid out the timeline for banks to gradually make themselves Basel III compliant. BCBS expects implementation to begin in 2013 and foresees banks being fully Basel III compliant by 2019.
We propose to prepare the banks for the gradual implementation process, making sure the progress adheres to the regulatory timelines.
- We help banks develop templates to track the Leverage Ratio and the underlying components
- We help banks develop templates and supervisory monitoring of the Liquidity Ratios
- We will make sure banks begin incorporating the higher minimum capital requirements in 2013 and ensure their full implementation by 2015
- We will ensure that banks begin gradually phasing in the Capital Conservation Buffer of 2.5% in 2016, which is to be included along with the Common Equity Tier 1 (CET 1) ratio. We aim towards full implementation of the Conservation Buffer by 2019
- From a Liquidity point of view, we advise banks on the required generation of short term and long term capital for calculation of LCR and NSFR